I recently finished this excellent memoir by Nicholas Sparks and Micah Sparks. At the beginning the book was kind of annoying for me to read because he talks about travelling to all these places whose name I cannot pronounce. But as I continue to read it, it just gets better and better and better. I absolutely love this memoir. Many parts made me teary. Sparks went through so many challenges and family loses throughout his entire life. It must suck one another the other. Every time he experiences something joyful in his life, a terrible event happens next. I mean if I were in that situation I wouldn’t know how to react. It must suck. As I read this book I realized that this will eventually happen to me as well. One day I will have a family of my own and leave behind the family I grew up with. It kind of stings doesn’t it? I will have double responsibilities and expectations from both side and sometimes it does get hard to manage.
Some quotes from the memoir that I really find inspiring:
“I’d given it my best shot, but it wasn’t meant to be. And if I had to do it all over-and fail to reach my dream again-I would. When you chase a dream, you learn about yourself. You learn about the possibilities and limitations, and the value of hard work and persistence.”
“Dreams are always crushing when they don’t come true. But it’s the simple dreams that are often the most painful because they seem so personal, so reasonable, so attainable. You’re always close enough to hold, and it’s enough to break your heart.”
“It’s your life. No one ever promised that life would be fair. What you want and what you get are usually two entirely different things.”
No comments:
Post a Comment