MY JOURNAL 大家好!! 謝謝你參觀我的日誌. 請留下留言. ♥ 我的戀愛日記♥ =D 笑! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Have to climb across the mountain to get to the other side

I am stuck in a moment of my life where it comes down to one decision only. Yet I cannot decide because every time I make a decision I ask myself this question. Do I really want to do this for the rest of my life? Personally, I want a career that is meaningful, reflexible, yet at the same time allows me to pay my bills.  It comes down to one of these decisions

Dentistry 
Originally my first intentions about going into this faculty was because my mom wanted me to. After doing some research I realized that I am personally interested in it. It's a really high paying job. (100k+ every year) and very good work hours. I'm also able to give dental care to my family especially my parents because throughout the years they could only afford us to go see a dentist. I admit I am afraid of the work up ahead. Though I am interested I was never a really a good chemistry or physics students and those the first steps to this path. This, I can say is the main reason that's stopping me.

Respiratory Therapy
This path certainly isn't easier than the first one but it doesn't require chem or physics. I'm really interested in biology and human anatomy. If I get in I get the chance to work in the hospital. Part of this career is to specialized in respiratory and breathing. I help people recover from injuries who have trouble breathing. Without breathing there would be no life. I also get to work in the emergency room and children's and infants. Path is hard, nights shifts, and starting pay isn't as high as dentistry. Also after graduating, not a lot of people want to hire a new graduate with no experience so job is also hard to find. I

Pharmacy 
Good pay, easy to find a job, and good working hours. This job will probably be the same for the rest of the career path. Dealing drugs legally every day. Eventually I would get used to it. I want a good stable life and this career suits me the best. This career has good requirement courses and a lot of electives. I can work towards this career and at the same time take courses that interest me. (anatomy and classics)

Environmental Science
Global warming has always plague me. I'm interested in finding ways to make our world a better place to live. Another reason why I'm interested in this career path is the coop program. I get paid while I work, pay for university, and still get my degree. The courses are interesting. I also get to travel to different places and do research. This path is definitely killing two birds with one stone.

I want a career that allows me to wear a white coat. There are the choices that I need to make. Sure I don't need to completely decide on one right now but what about after my third year? fourth year? I know I won't regret any of these career choices because they all fascinate me to the extreme. Who knows, maybe I'll end up in a career path that's not related to any of these. In the future I want to pursue a masters degree at UBC and if I do go that far I want to pursue a PhD at Queens University. I also want to go on an exchange program some point in my life. I want to go to either Korea, Australia, Hong Kong, and or Europe. It would be a good life time experience. I'm also going to work towards earning an interim and I hope it can be New York City. I want to join those student volunteer groups that travel to place to help and lastly I want to go on a student service trip. Sounds far eh?

No comments: